Stamps (Philately)/telegram from india

As we know, 15  July 2013 is last day for Telegram in India. As a collector of stamps and related items is it important for us? Can we collect some thing from Post Office related to Telegram? Shall we send telegram to each other so that it can become collectible? I am not a veteran collector, please note. Thanks

Hi Jigish,
Thanks for contacting me for your query. Telegraph Services in India will be closed from 15th July. Certainly it will be an important date for Postal History collectors. Post and Telegraph are now separate organisations, and we can't find any interesting item from post office related to telegraph. The only thing you can do is mail a letter on that day so you get date stamp on cover/postcard as a remembrance of last date for Telegraph service. You can mark inscription on cover 'Last day for sending Telegraphy' or any appropriate inscription. Also you can send telegram on that day which would be a collectible item.  

Stamps (Philately)

Prashant H. Pandya

I can answer queries related to Modern Postal History of India, Indian Postal Stationery, Baroda and Rajpipla State Postal History and fiscals. Please no questions about valuation of stamps or any philatelic material.

Involved in philatelic activities for more than 30 years. As a collector I have actively participated in State, National and International level Philatelic Exhibitions, writing articles on various aspects of philately. I am also a web master and maintaining philatelic web sites for the promotion of philately.

President: Baroda Philatelic Society
Moderator : Indian Philatelists' Forum (A web based e-group promoting Indian Philately. -
Secretary: Philatelic Congress of India
India Study Circle for Philately, U.K.
Association International des Journalistes Philatéliques (AIJP)
Philatelic Webmasters' Association
Volunteer Editor for (Editing Recreation/Collecting/Stamps Category)

1. Vadophil- Quarterly News Bulletin of Baroda Philatelic Society (Also an editor of the journal)
2. India Post - Journal of India Study Circle for Philately
3. Ind Dak
4. GPA Newsletter
5. A Guide to Modern Indian Postal Stationery, Vol. I (Envelopes)
6. Various Philatelic Souvenirs published during philatelic exhibitions.
7. - Website for the promotion of Indian Philately

B. Sc. (Microbiology)

Have won Silver, Large Silver, Vermeil and Large Vermeil medals with special prizes for my collections on Postal Stationery of India, Philavision, Shahastrabdi (Millennium) and The Story of Milk at State, Regional, National and International level.