Stamps (Philately)/Documentary Stamps

Question
QUESTION: Dear Terry,
I came across some red documentary stamps.  Can you tell me what they are and their worth, if any?
The first set is 29 1 cent stamps still attached to each other with a border on two sides.  On the bottom of the border, it states 1 Cent Documentary Plate 8877.
The second set is a set four five cent stamps still together.
The third set is is a set of ten 2 cents stamps still together.
And the last set is another set of ten 2 cent stamps still together.
All of these stamps have never been used.
Can you help?  If they are of any value, what is the best way to get sell them?
Thank you.

ANSWER: Hello Dennis,

Thanks for your question.

Revenue stamps were used as a form of receipt for goods received or services rendered.  I need you to do a follow up please and try to include a scan of the stamps you are asking about.  There are several that fit the general description you give (some of which are quite valuable.

Terry

Documentary Stamps
Documentary Stamps  
QUESTION: Thank you Terry for responding.  I have attached a copy of the stamps.  Sorry they aren't in color.  But all the stamps are red.

Answer
Hello again Dennis,

Thanks for the follow up with pictures.

Each of the stamps you have there have a list value of 20c each.  The 1c is Scott #R228,  the 2c is Scott #R229 and the 5c is Scott #R232.  These stamps were first issued in 1917.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help

Terry
P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton