Stamps (Philately)/mackinac brbridge

i have been trying to find out if the set of papers
i have are a rearty
its a set of five papers bound by a staple,all with a first day of issue stamp of the mackinac bridge tied to the cover sheet.
       material includes
  #1 - reference material on substructure of the mackinac bridge
  #2 - history of the mackinac bridge
  #3 - biographies,mackinac bridge authority
  #4 - brief history of the american bridge divison united states steel corporation
  #5 - a two page autobiogaphy of David B Steinman
all tied to the cover with a first day of issue june 25 1958
anything you can tell me would wood help .I have had these for over 20 year.ive found a lot of first day covers on the internet but none like these
         thank you  

Hi John,

Thanks for your question.

As for value, I can only attest to the first day stamp on the papers.  It is Scott #1109 and it was issued on September 25, 1928.  The stamp itself, with that cancellation has a list value of $1.00.   Now---as for the other papers attached to it--that would only add to the interest of what you have.  I think, in my opinion, you could list it for sale and expect $25 to $30. Of course, it might be more if you live in the Michigan area where the bridge is located.

If you do not collect stamps, I suggest trying to make a framed display of these objects.  Most people are aware of the beauty of this bridge (even though it is scary to drive over in my opinion).  A display in a family room or den would make for a great conversation piece.

Thanks again for your help and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996