Stamps (Philately)/Postal Cards

Question
What is the difference between postal cards and paid reply cards?
wht are the alpha prefix used for these types of cards?

Are some postal cards/ paid reply cards worth more used than new?
thank you,
wendy

Answer
Hello Wendy,

Thanks for your question.

Postal cards are a single card where you would write your message and then send it off to whomever you addressed it to.   A postal reply card is similar--you have an attached postal card to the one you are sending.  It is usually pre-addressed to you (as the sender).  This second card would be used for the person to reply back to you.

Postal Cards carry designation UX or UXC (airmail) in the Scotts Catalog.  Postal reply cards carry the designation UY in the Scotts catalog.

Some postal cards and postal reply cards have a very high list value.  You should always try and collect a mint card rather than a used one.   

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Terry

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton