Stamps (Philately)/Stamp Values

Question
I have a mint condition John Lennon "Portraits" Plate Block of 9 stamps from CHAD.  Issue LB& #1484.  Please comment on the value?

Answer
Hi Robert,

there are 2 blocks with 9 John Lennon stamps each, issued by Chad on May 15th, 1996.
I don't have a stamp catalog with LB& number to check which of these is #1484.
The latest values from German MICHEL stamp catalog are
- 11 Euro for the block of 9x100 Fr (appr. 14.2 US$)
- 22 Euro for the block of 9x200 Fr (appr. 28.4 US$)

But please note:
the price mentioned in a stamp catalogue is the price you would have to pay, if you buy it from a stamp dealer. If you want to sell the stamp to a dealer (and while swapping with other collectors) you'll get 30 - 50 % of the mentioned price (maximum).

Hope this will answer your question.
Kind regards from Berlin / Germany
Peter

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang