Stamps (Philately)/George Washington green 3 cent stamp

Question
I found a 3cent George Washington green stamp behind an old tin type picture I have. It is a front view of Washington the 3's on all four corners are circled, and says in a ribbon type inter.revenue on the top, but then the bottom says for exchange (not the proprietory as seen in previous questions).  Just curious in value.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks

Answer
Hello Debi,

Thanks for your question.

With you good description, I knew exactly the stamp you are inquiring about.  

The stamp you have there is Scott #R16 and it was part of a series that was issued between 1862-1871.  It has a list value of $4.50

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Terry

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton