Stamps (Philately)/Postmarked/Cancelled Box

Small box with cancelled stamp
Small box with cancell  
I found this small box while shopping can you tell me anything about, for instance possible date of use in the U.S., rarity if any, it has a cancelled 3 cent Lincoln stamp it measures 3 1/8" X 2 1/8" X  3/4".

Hi Sharon,

This is a common US stamp from the 1920s-30s period, worth very little. But it is a nice usage on a box rather than an envelope and would probably be of interest to a collector of 3rd-4th class usages, such as this. But finding such a specialized collector would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.  But you COULD go to and post a message & image there and ask for advice.  Mine is to not waste much time on this, as even if you did find an interested collector, the value would be under $10.

Stamps (Philately)

William R. Weiss, Jr.

United States - Virtually any kind of stamp, cover, essay, proof, cancel, covers, etc.

I have my own expertizing service - Weiss Expertizing. See here;

APS (Life member), USSS, UPSS, USPCS, USCC, EFO Club

Many different.

High School

Too numerous to list here - I have been exhibiting for over 40 years, so have accumulated lots of awards. Also for books I have written.

Thousands different. We ran Public Auctions for 25+ years and I have been a dealer since 1972.