Stamps (Philately)/stamp denominations

Dear Sir:

I am not requesting information about music on stamps, but would like to know the significance of the denomination on these stamps.
 Germany issued a stamp, scott no. 1691 with a denomination of 100.
 Germany issued two stamps nos. 1440 and 1441 with denominatios of 60pf and 80pf respectively.
 RAS AL KHAIMA issued a stamp of Constance Mozart with a denomination of 2 riyals.
  St Vincent Grenadines issued souvenir sheets 293 and 295 with denominatios of $6
  Could you please tell me the significance of the denominations
  George Alexander

Hello George,

the significance of the German stamps is as follows:
Scott 1440 (G.F. Haendel): issued in 1985 / 60 Pf was the postage for domestic postcard then;
Scott 1441 (J.S. Bach): issued 1985 / 80 Pf was the postage for domestic letters then;
Scott 1691 (W.A. Mozart): issued 1991 / 100 Pf = 1 DM was the postage for domestic letters then;

For the stamps from Ras al Khaima as well as St. Vincent I unfortunately cannot help.
Both "countries" issued a lot of stamps just to make money with stamp collectors. Very often, the imprinted value didn't have a specific significance. One also can hardly find really used letters or cards from these countries to verify the postage.

Kind regards

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang

I can answer questions about `music on stamps` which covers composers, instruments and singers as well as musical notes, dance, opera and all other music related topics shown on stamps, postmarks and postal stationaries.

I am collecting 'music on stamps' since more than 30 years. Since 1994 I'm the editor of the magazine 'Der Musikus' which is published quarterly in German with English and French abstracts.
Please ask for a free copy at motivgruppe
Since 1995 I'm president of 'Motivgruppe Musik', a musical stamp club with appr. 300 members from 28 countries. Besides of several musical stamp collections I've a special library with more than 100 books about music and more than 600 books, booklets and articles about music on stamps

More than 500 articles about 'music on stamps' mainly published in our quarterly magaine "Der Musikus" (German / English / French).
Several articles published in "The Baton" (magazine of PMC).
Several articles published in topical stamp magazines in Germany, France, Japan, The Netherlands ......
Please also visit ""

There isn't a special education on stamp collecting but I've got the certificate from the Bavarian stamp society to act as a judge for topical stamp collections at competitive stamp exhibitions. In my 'civil job' I'm a graduated engineer for computer science.

Winner of the international "Augusto Massari Price" 1997 which is told to be the "Oscar in Music Philately".