Stamps (Philately)/stamps

Question
Hello Terry,

I have recently came across 6 sheets of the 1991 52c Hubert H. Humphrey stamps, 600 total, 50 1991 LOVE USA (with 2 love birds)sitting on a palm  tree  branch, and 2 sheets (200) 23c Mary Cassatt stamps (her picture wearing a hat with a featherin it) If you could let me know what the value of the stamps are, that would be great. They are all in sheet form, and in perfect  condition. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Daniel Switkowski

Answer
Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your question.

Those are some nice sheets of stamps you have there!

The 23c Mary Cassatt and 52c Hubert Humphrey stamps are part of a Great Americans Issues Series.

The 52c Humphrey stamp is Scott #2184 and it was issued on June 3, 1991.  A sheet of 100 of these stamps, in mint condition, has a list value of $$66.00.

The 23c Cassatt stamp is Scott #2301 and it was issued on November 4, 1988.  A sheet of 100 of thoese stamps, in mint condition, has a list value of $45.00

The 25c Love stamp is Scott #2440 and it was issued on June 18, 1990.  A pane of fifty of this stamp, in mint condition, has a list value of $25.00

A word about values in the book----they are a general guide as to what you can expect to pay for an item if you were to buy it at a stamp dealer.  Selling that same item to a stamp dealer will generally net you 20% to 30% of the list value, depending on condition and demand.  

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Terry
P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton