Stamps (Philately)/Value of Calhoun's Complete United Nations Collection

Question
I'd like to know the selling value of a large stamp album that I have, as well as information as to where I might be able to sell such a unique stamp album.

In 1988, my father-in-law bought new -- from the Calhoun's Collectors Society -- a stamp album entitled: "The Complete United Nations Stamp Collection", in a 3-ring padded & embossed notebook, issued in that same year (1988).  It is a complete collection of every stamp issued by the U.N. Postal Administration during its first 40-years of existence (1951 thru 1986, all stamps which had been issued from the New York, Geneva and Vienna Post Offices of the U.N.) -- more than 700 stamps, all in perfect mint condition, and expertly mounted on 193 heavy card-stock pages, each page imprinted with a descriptive history of the stamps on that page.

In size, the 3-ring notebook is 11" wide, 11-1/2" tall, and 3" deep.  Each heavy card-stock page is 8-1/2" wide by 11" tall.  There are no cuts, scratches, bends, markings, or tears to the 3-ring binder or to any of the pages.

I would like to sell this album to someone who would enjoy this collection, and would be willing to buy it at a fair market price.

My sincere thanks, in advance, for your help with this.

Answer
Hello David,

Thanks for your question.  My area of expertise is in United States postage but I think I can steer you in the right direction.  

At your local library, check out Scotts Catalogue.  It is considered the "holy bible" among stamp collectors.  There is a section totally dedicated to United Nations postage.  In this user friendly section, you can find almost every postage stamp the United Nations has ever issued.  There are pictures to help with identification as well as values for each item in both mint and used conditions.  The value comes in the stamps you have, not the album.

A word about values in the book--they are a rough guide as to what you can expect to pay for an item if you were to buy it at a stamp dealer.  Selling the same item to a stamp dealer will generally bet you 20% to 30% of the list value depending on condition and demand.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.  Good luck.

Terry
P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton