Stamps (Philately)/Value of a post card I found today

I was wondering the approximate value of a cancelled postcard with a Martha Washington one cent green and round stamp.  It has an advertisement on the other side for Raab bros. 6351 S Halsted Chicago Illinois.  It is addressed to a person. I think its really awesome.  Cancelled on Christmas eve 1937.  When did it first come out I can only guess around 1937.  Cancellation says stockyards and Chicago Illinois.

Your piece reads like the reply card from a two-part pre-paid postal reply set, designated Scott number UY7.  First issued in 1915, the message card features George Washington, and the reply card features Martha Washington.  The catalog value for a used, detached reply card is 25 cents.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.