Stamps (Philately)/22 k stamps

Question
What is the difference between the 22k gold stamps and replicas? A postmark, thickness? Etc

Answer
Hi Mel,

I'm not certain I really understand your question.  A "replica" is a copy of something, but not necessarily made out of gold foil, it could be made out of any kind of material, whereas a 22k gold stamp is a replica made out of gold foil.  In either case, they are relatively of no value in the secondary market.  Which means that the original buyer might have to pay a lot of money for them, usually directly from the company that makes/markets them, but when they are resold, they are worth probably 10c on the dollar versus the cost.

Bill

Stamps (Philately)

William R. Weiss, Jr.