Stamps (Philately)/Civil War, Georgia Okeefe stamp sheets

I am doing research for an elderly woman who is selling her stuff. In her items to sell are some stamps. She has a world cup USA 94 sheet which I have figured to be worth about $15 to sell. If I am wrong, please let me know.
Also she has a Georgia O'Keefe sheet printed in 1995. It says USPS 1995 on the bottom of the sheet. It appears to be in mint condition. Could you tell me how much she should expect to get from it.
She has a single Mary Cassatt stamp that has been used.
Finally she has a Civil War stamp sheet printed in 1994. There are 20 stamps. The top of the sheet says "Civil War 1861 the war between the states 1865" There is some minor crinkling on the perimeter empty stamps, otherwise they appear to be in mint condition.
All the stamps have been stored in plastic sleeves.
If you could get back to me at your earliest convenience, I would appreciate it.
Thank you

Hi Ruth,
  For the 1994 World Cup there were 3 different issues, one at 29c one at 40c and one at 50c.
  Since I'm not sure which one you have, I'll list them here:
  29c - $12.50
  40c - $16.00
  50c - $20.00
  I'm assuming what you have is a sheet of 20.  
  The Civil War sheet (War Between the States) was issued 29 June 1995.  In Mint (perfect) condition, it has a book value of $32.50.
  Georgia O'Keeffe was issued 23 May 1996, should have 15 stamps on it (red flower).  That has a book value of $15.

A word about MINT and BOOK VALUE.... Mint in this case means even the slightest disturbance means it's not longer Mint.  (So if a few show any age or cracking of the gum or darkening of the gum, then it won't be considered MINT) even you mention "minor crinkling on the perimeter empty stamps" (the philatelic term for that stuff is called the "Selvage" or definition - "Left over material at the edge") will prevent it from being deemed Mint.

You should also know... Book value does not mean "Sale value".  Book value is the amount you would expect to pay from a dealer if you went to them with the specific request to buy that item.  (And even then you can usually get them to come down a bit).  If you want to sell these on eBay, you can expect to get about %25 - %30 realistically of "book value", and you should expect for it to sit a while (might need to relist once or twice even).  The other problematic thing about selling sheets is, they are expensive to ship... you have to keep them flat, and packed in something rigid which will generally mean heavier and higher postage rate.  If the cost of shipping them and what you pay eBay to sell (10%) and PayPal (another 3%) you will probably be lucky to make $10 - $15 for the 3 sheets if you sold them together as one lot.  If you take them to a dealer to sell to them, they will probably pay you between %10-%15.

By the way the Scott # for these (Scott # is the "globally accepted" reference system for postage stamps, and each is assigned a number by them) 29c World Cup: 2834, 40c World Cup: 2835, 50c World Cup: 2836, Civil War Sheet: 2975 and Georgia O'Keeffe sheet: 3069.  These numbers are important if you want to sell them on eBay, or other auction site, as it's what the collectors will search by.

Hope this helps, and if you find it useful, please do rate my response.
Best regards,

Stamps (Philately)

Scott Payton

My expertise is in US, but I have a lot of exposure to worldwide, and with wide reference material, I will do what I can to answer questions about global stamps. In US I have extensive experience in all aspects (does include Administrative overprints for Cuba, China, Puerto Rico etc.). Also, Hawaii general issue and Revenue (pre-statehood). Of course still building knowledge but have been collecting since 1980. Air Mail is a favorite area, but not a limitation. Two specialty areas are Large Banknote issues, and Washington/Franklin identification. Strong experience in Carrier & Locals, Private Die (Also known as M&M for "Match & Medicine" but also includes some playing card and perfume stamp issues.) Recently have been building more back-of-book experience, especially around Official, Newspaper, Revenue and tax editions. Some covers, and cancellations, but not my strong suit. Another area I'm recently diving into. What I can't do: Anything non-US, as it's just not an area I focus on.

30+ years of learning the hard way. A lot of passion for collecting and dealing (as I do both). I don't consider it a hobby... I consider it a serious pursuit that I'm able to do in the hours I'm not occupied by annoying things like sleep. I work closely with some of the global leaders in the expertizing and identification field. Have co-authored several papers (with Mr. William Weiss Jr.) related to identification, as well as tool set to help with quickly identifying the more challenging areas of Washington Franklin. Strong experience in paper types and coil validation.

Member of APS #222356.

1870 - 1879 Large Banknote Issues - Easy Identification (co-authored with William Weiss Jr). Washington-Franklin - Easy Identification (co-authored with William Weiss Jr.) Detecting Fakes, Alterations and Counterfeits (APS Summer Session Expertizing Session materials with William Weiss Jr.)

Thousands and thousands of hours of pouring over hundreds of collections. 30+ years as a collector-to-dealer, avid student of philatelic study. Pre-1900 variation is fascinating, and it seems even after all these years, that I make some discovery every time I look at a new example. APS Summer Session - Fundamentals of Expertizing 2014

100's too numerous to mention.