Stamps (Philately)/Identify a stamp

Question
Stamp
Stamp  
QUESTION: Hello I am hoping you can help me identify a stamp I have I am not having any luck myself. I will attach a picture so you can see it. Thank you in advance.

ANSWER: Carrie,
  Yup.  The stamp was issued on 5th May 1949 (there were several denominations and colors of this, green (2 yuan) purple (3 yuan) brown (5 yuan) blue (10 yuan) and a grayish one (30 yuan).
  I believe it's Scott number is L3 (but I don't have that Scott book at the moment.)
  This is from Nanking (Nanjing depending on your dialect), was the ancient capital of China.  It is west of Shanghai.  The top right reads "East Apple" (Why, I have no idea.)  It's 3 Yuan. The image on the left side looks like the Nanjing province area to me.  The top part (arc) says "Nanking Shanghai Memorial".  So it was commemorating the liberation of East China basically.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Scott

QUESTION: Thank you very much. Can you tell me what the value is on it?

Answer
Carrie,
  It's not a gem.  At best you are probably look at between $1 and $5.  I note there is a full set (I left out the 50 yuan) on eBay at present (6 stamps) with a "Buy it now" price of $5.  So that's usually the price of about 1/4 book value.  (Note book value is what you pay from a dealer, not likely what you would get selling it to a dealer, or on eBay, where you will get usually 20% - 30% of "book value", with a few exceptions.
Good luck.
-S

Stamps (Philately)

Scott Payton