Stamps (Philately)/Postal Commemorative Society albums

My late husband subscribed to Postal Commemorative Society First-Day Covers from approximately 1988 to his death in 2012.  He stored the materials in large looseleaf albums (each item in a page protector).  The albums now fill a good-sized book case.  I am interested in shifting them from my house to somewhere they might be appreciated.  How might I do this, and if the answer is "on line," how should I estimate what they might be worth?

Please keep in mind that the Postal Commemorative Society is a company that specializes in arranging fairly common philatelic items into attractive packaging.  The collection absolutely has value, but very likely a fraction of the original cost.

You would likely find a buyer on the online auction site  On ebay, search the words "Postal Commemorative Society" to see how other sellers are showing and pricing similar items.  I recommend various digital photos of the albums in the bookcase plus a few sample pages, and tell the story of how the collection was assembled.  Take care to determine how you would ship the collection to the buyer - number of boxes, sizes and weights - because you could very well lose money in the transaction by underestimating the shipping cost.

Good luck!

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.