Stamps (Philately)/U.S Postal Stationery Cut

us postal stationery
us postal stationery  
I have a few of U.S Postal Stationery stuck on paper and cut round.
Have the stamps lost its value because they have been glued on paper.

Hello Percy,

Thanks for your question.

Many years ago when I was young (I am 60 now) and just starting to collect, the albums did not have much space for postal stationery.  I would trim, with scissors, just like the ones you have there.  Being a young kid then, I was not too careful and would eventually trim part of the stamp too.  I then tried trimming around the stamp leaving just some paper. That was okay but it looked kind of crummy in the album.  I wanted to save the entire envelope but the album was not big enough to accommodate it.

Saving the entire envelope is how they should be saved.   As for the list values of what you have, they list each for 20c to 30c each (U.S.).  I would never glue a stamp to paper.  It reduces the value to almost zero.  I suggest using stamp hinges or some kind of clear mounts.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996