Stamps (Philately)/value of stamps

QUESTION: Yes I have 40 USA 20 cent cable car stamps block #2 no perforations.27 non perforation to the left and 17 to the right. Is there any value to these stamps.

ANSWER: BernardSpeed,

The current catalog (retail) value for a mint imperforate pair of the 1988 20 cent Cable Car transportation coil issue, designated Scott number 2263a, is $50.  An imperforate plate number strip of five (with the plate number in the center stamp) would be valued considerably higher.  If you plan to sell, I recommend against cutting up the stamps yourself.  Instead, consider consigning your roll of stamps to a philatelic auction firm, and allow them to decide how best to sell them.  My personal favorite is Harmer-Schau Auction Galleries.  Contact Chris Harmer or Kurt Schau at:

Phone: 800-378-6454

Good luck!

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

QUESTION: Thank You Mark. Now How much with the strip of 5 with the plate number in the middle?

The Scott catalog does not list a value for the imperforate plate number strip of five.  Its too rare to establish a value.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.