Stamps (Philately)/Stamp worth

Question
I have a stamp that was made in 1989 that has never been used and is in mint condition.  It's of a US flag and has "For Us Addresses Only USA" in the top left hand corner.  The words are in a white section, so the whole stamp isn't the entire flag. The flag kind of slants in an upward slope, has 4 stars on it and 5 stripes. My dad said that the government did a recall on these stamps when they were released, and I was just wondering what kind of stamp it is and some information on it or if it has a value, because I cannot find it anywhere on the internet.

Answer
Hi Merle,
Thanks for the question.
Merle it sound like what you are describing is the 25c flag stamp (Scott Catalog #2475), in case you want to do a search, it was actually issued on May 18, 1990 in booklets of 12 stamps.
I can see why your dad said they were recalled, because these were only used for a six month test period in 22 Seattle First National Bank automatic teller machines.
At the time it was a unique stamp in that it was printed on a plastic material with a backing paper so they could be peeled off, they were also cut to the size of a bill so they would work in the automatic teller machines. Even with the short period of availability there were still a little over 3,000,000 booklets of 12 printed and distributed. They have a catalog value of .55 cents for a single or $6.60 for a complete booklet of 12.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike  

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern