Stamps (Philately)/1894 stamp

Question
Stamps
Stamps  
I am going through my stamps and noticed one didn't have the triangle in the upper corners.  I looked in my book to see if it was from another year but can't find it.  Please advise if this is an error.  The one without triangles is the one in lower left corner.  Thanks.

Answer
Hi Anne,
Thanks for the question.
Anne, the stamp without the triangles is Scott Catalog #220. This is from a set that was issued from 1890-1893 with stamps from 1 cent to 90 cents. the others with the triangles were from later printings starting in 1894. The Scott #220 is actually fairly common an has a catalog value of 70 cents.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern