Stamps (Philately)/Postal stamps

I have thousands upon thousands of stamps.  Both US and world.  I am not a collector.  These were from my husband's family.  The U.S. stamps are faily organized.  The world stamps are not.  What would be your suggestion related to how to sell these stamps?  Sell individually?  Sell to a company i.e.  mystic stamp company?  A private collector?  All suggestions welcome!!!!  Thank you.  June

I suggest getting in touch with the president of your local stamp club and ask if there is a knowledgeable member who would be willing to make a quick assessment of your holdings.  With a brief scan, an experienced philatelist will be able to estimate the value of the collection to the nearest order of magnitude (i.e. its worth hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, etc).  

Following the estimate, you can decide the disposition.  Your choices are 1) Keep the collection, 2) Sell the collection privately to a stamp dealer or collector, 3) Donate the collection to the stamp club, or 4) Consign the collection to a stamp auctioneer (or post onto an on-line auction like for public sale.  I would seek the advise of the stamp club member that views your holdings with regard to your decision.

Here's where to find a stamp club in your area:

Good luck!

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.