Stamps (Philately)/Roll of 20 cent stamps

Question
None
None  
My father worked for the postal service and left me a roll of imperforated, misprinted 20 cent first class stamps. Do they have value? Who would be interested in their purchase?

Answer
John,

Yes, they have value.  They would be of interest to an EFO collector or to a dealer who specializes in EFOs.  As to value or where to sell, sorry, outside my expertise.  You might find a copy of Linn's stamp magazine at a local bookstore, news stand, or library and check the advertisements for dealers who are buying that type of material.  Reminder:  a dealer will pay wholesale and although collectors pay retail (market, a single collector will either not be interested in the entire roll or will want to pay wholesale for the roll.  Maximizing your return will depend on how much work you are willing to do and on how quickly you want to realize cash.  If you check out similar items on eBay be sure to look at successful lots sold, not at prices being asked in open auctions.

Stamps (Philately)

Bill Lehr