Stamps (Philately)/1982 Gold Comemorative Stamp

Question
Stamp is all gold in a plastic snap shut clear cover. George Washington printed at top with 1782-1982 below it, USA 20 cents in bottom left hand corner. Pic of George Washington. Do not know if it is gold plated or gold foil not sure of difference. The pic is kinda three d. I am guessing issue date is 1982. I have read that these are not issued by USPO - but by other companies.   
Can you tell me anything more about it? If it's not worth much I will use it to craft with.
I can send a pic if needed.

Answer
Penny,

I have no idea if your stamp is real gold, or not, but chances are good that oit has very little value.  But to truly find out you need to locate a dealer near you.  Try to locate one through the website of the American Stam[ Dealer's Association.

Bill

Stamps (Philately)

William R. Weiss, Jr.