Stamps (Philately)/us 2cent stamp

Question
I am trying to identify a stamp I inherited from my grandparents. It is red with a podium on the front and says "freedom to speak out-a root of democracy". I know nothing about stamps so I am trying to figure out what I have. Please help.

Answer
Hi Leah,
Thanks for the question.
Leah, the stamp you have was issued on Dec. 8, 1977 as part of what is known as the "Americana Series". It is one of my favorite series. The stamps in the Series range from 1c to $5. All have a similar design that the lettering curved from either the top or bottom to the right side, or from the left side to the top or bottom. Yours is as you said the 2c stamp from this popular series, Scott Catalog# 1582, because many millions were issued they are considered a common stamp with a catalog value of 25c. Sorry I wish I had better news.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike  

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern