Stamps (Philately)/Off center cut 2 cent stamp bearing USINTER.REV on both top and bottom

Question
I cant seem to find anything about the stamp that I have acquired. It is an orange 2 cent George Washington stamp which is cut off center and it bears the logo USINTER.REV on both the top and the bottom. could you tell me anything about the value of this stamp?

Answer
Lacking a picture, this is my best guess:  You have a Scott catalog number R15, from the First Issue of revenue stamps which were issued to pay for the Union's cost of the war between the States.  2010 Catalog values for a normal copy are 35-40 cents.  I cannot speculate on the off center part but typically poor quality printing (the experienced printers were off fighting the war) meant a lot of off center revenue stamps.  Off center stamps, as opposed to misperforated stamps are considered less desirable by collectors.

Stamps (Philately)

Bill Lehr