Stamps (Philately)/l j gage documentary stamp

Question
My father was given a unused L J Gage 1.10 documentary stamp that was found inside an old bank building being remodeled by a friend. I have seen cancelled documentary stamps but was unable to find uncancelled stamps.  Can you tell me the value of this stamp which has not been used?  Thank you!!!!!

Answer
Hi Denise,
Thanks for the question,
Denise, it sounds like the stamp you have is listed in the Scott Catalog as Cat# R668 (no overprint, see below), the Scott catalog does list a value for unused Revenue/Documentary stamps. The R688 has a list value in unused condition of $2. There are 2 others like this but they have an overprint in black with either "Series 1952" Cat# R600 with a list value of $25 or "Series 1953", Cat# R634 with a list value of $12. I wish I had better news, but I hope it helps some.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern