Stamps (Philately)/Value of a roll (coil?) of stamps

I am trying to find the value of an entire roll of stamps. They are unused, the roll still tightly wound. There is a "pre-cancel" (?) on the front of the roll; Cedar Rapids, Iowa - in black ink.
The stamps are- Jefferson, Red, 2 cent, 1954, I believe Scott number 1055.
I would just like to know an approximate value to a collector, also how many stamps are on the roll.
I am on my IPad now so cannot attach a picture, but I can from my home computer later, mif that helps.

Precancel collecting is a small subset of philately.  Most collectors treat precancels as used stamps.  And as used stamps, a complete roll of 100 would have a Scott Catalog (retail) value of $25.  There may be some interest in your roll from a precancel collector.  You might find such a collector on, or at the Precancel Stamp Society (

Good luck!

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.