Stamps (Philately)/US Internal Revenu Stamp

US Intern. Rev. Stamp
US Intern. Rev. Stamp  
I came across this WINES US Internal Revenue Stamp, series of 1941, cancelled with date of 1948, face value of $7.20. I haven't been able to find any info on this stamp. Can you tell me anything about it?
Thanks so much!

Hi Tere,

Thanks for your question.

What you have there is a revenue stamp.  Revenue stamps were used as a form of receipt for goods received (in this case alcohol) or services rendered.

The stamp you are asking about is Scott #RE160 and it has a list value of 50c in used condition. Nice addition to your collection!

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996