Stamps (Philately)/Nrothern Cyprus

Question
I have an unmounted mint collection of Northern Cyprus complete from the first issue (SG1) through to 1996.  I am thinking of selling it and wonder if you could give me any guideline as to what price I should ask or expect to get.
I also have a few social fund and armed forces fund stamps unmounted mint - are these of any value?

Many thanks.

Answer
Hello Richard

Thank you for your question.

As a regular follower of stamp auction sites should look towards selling your collection at around 40% of the listed catalogue price. This of course, would require some effort and marketing expertise on your part (on such sites as eBay, Delcampe etc). Your target audience for these prices are fellow collectors.

Should you wish to sell more quickly and easily your target audience will be dealers and the maximum you could expect will be around 25% of the catalogue value and as low as 10% of the listed guide price.

Obviously, there will be individual stamps/sets/covers that will buck this trend and achieve a higher price and unfortunately, some stamps/sets that are so common that nobody really wishes to purchase.

With regards to the Social Fund and armed forces stamps, these will more likely be in the bracket that will achieve a higher price.

I cannot really be more specific than that but I hope it helps.

Stamps (Philately)

Michele Chapman