Stamps (Philately)/Partially Imperforate US 1901a

I have a partially imperforate pair of Scott # 1901 precancelled bicycle stamps. The top 4 perforations (out of 12 total) are missing. What would be the value?

Good morning Ray,

Thanks for your question.  

If you have a genuine imperforate pair, that's a nice find for your collection!  Scotts 2013 catalogue lists an imperforate pair for $140.00.  A word of caution on imperfs---some people have trimmed the perfs in an attempt to con you into purchasing what you think are errors.  I strongly recommend you have them appraised by a professional grading company (hopefully before purchase).

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996