Stamps (Philately)/Stamps from Scotland

Stamps - 3
Stamps - 3  
I found an old envelope in a deceased Aunt's cedar chest with the attached stamps.  How can I find out if there is any value to them?  

I also have several very old postcards from Scotland but they are glued in a scrapbook.  I suspect there are probably stamps on them too.

Also found several U.S. War Stamps (second image).

My expertise is limited to United States issues only, so I can't help you with your foreign stamps, but I can tell you that the War Savings stamp in the second picture is Scott number WS12, issued in August of 1943.  A fault-free, eye-appealing WS12 in mint condition is valued at $2.75.  Unfortunately, the WS12 pictured is not collectible in its condition.

You can look up the value of the foreign stamps at your local library.  Ask at the reference desk for the Scott Catalogs.  There you will find photographs and current values for every stamp ever issued worldwide, sorted by country and date of issue.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.