Stamps (Philately)/US Postage 3 Cents

Question
3 cents
3 cents  
HI Mike,
Can you please look at this one? there is too much variation in price of stamps that i looked at.
thanks

Answer
Hi Wagas,
Thanks for the question.
Wagas, I can understand how you were getting so much variation in trying to value this stamp.  There are quite a few different varieties of this stamp listed. Unfortunately the differences are extremely difficult to tell from a photo. In general 2 things determine which stamp it is, color, and what is known as a grill (a waffle like impression that is embossed right into the paper, (these are more easily seen on the reverse). If this doesn't have a grill then chances are it is a Scott Cat# 65 with a list value of $3. If it has a grill then it would depend on the size/type of the grill (7 types A, B, C, D, E, F and Z). I think the best thing I can do is give you a link to a site with a lot more information and detail to try to help you identify this stamp. The site is called The Swedish Tiger, the link below goes right to the stamp issue. But, It is a great site for identifying many of the older stamps.

http://www.theswedishtiger.com/ID65.html

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I hope this helps some. You will need at least, stamp tongs, a good magnifying glass, and a perforation gauge with millimeter measurements.

Thanks again for the question,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern