Stamps (Philately)/Stamp collection Appraisal

Hello,  I am curious if you are an  Stamp collection appraiser. I have 2 albums from my father who passed away 20 years ago. I am here in Md. on Kent Island, Maryland's Eastern Shore. Land of Pleasant Living !

You are not that far from me.  The albums have loose stamps and cancelled stamps, and many that are in the location in the album where they belong.  They are from the US and all around the world.

Would this be something you would be interested in appraising?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Hello Debra,

Thanks for your question.

I'm always interested in appraising collections.  However, it's relatively easy and fun to try on your own.  At your local library, check out Scotts Catalogue.  It is considered the "holy bible" of stamp collectors.  In this user friendly book, you can find almost every postage stamp ever issued.   There are pictures to help with identification as well as values for each item in both mint and used conditions.  

A word about values--the values in the book are what you could expect to pay for an item if you were to buy it at a stamp dealer.  Selling to a stamp dealer will generally net you 20% to 30% of the list value depending on condition and demand.  

If you would like me to give an appraisal, give me a follow up and I will send you some contact information.

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996