Stamps (Philately)/What can you tell me about the attached

Question
1870
1870  

2 cents
2 cents  
Hello, can you please tell me about the attached? how much could it be? Thanks!!

Answer
Hi Waqas,
Thanks for the question.
Waqas, the attached pictures are of what are called revenue stamps. These were used to pay taxes on many different things. Unfortunately the stamps you have pictured, (although over a 100 years old) are still considered fairly common. Because the top one has been cut it would be of little interest to most collectors. The 2 pictured in the bottom photo were issued in 1864 both have catalog #R15 and values of less than a dollar. Sorry I wish I had better news.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern