Stamps (Philately)/10 Cent Stamp Album - WAR Savings Bonds

Hi! Thanks for your time and help identifying what I have, and it's value.

When consolidating to move into a smaller home, I found my original birth announcement, and a few other priceless papers. Amongst them was this War Savings Bonds booklet that is half-full ($10.50) of red stamps that display a rifle-toting soldier. The stamp says 'UNITED STATES 10" going down vertically on the left side, and "Savings Stamp 10" down the right side.

My name was entered in the info area on page one, in what looks like my grandfather's handwriting. Unfortunately, the address lines were empty, which would have helped me date the booklet.

I'm consolidating, selling and tossing things out and would like to know if this has any collector's value.  

Thanks again for your time in sharing your expertise!

Partially filled war savings books typically sell in the $5 range on  The Treasury Department used to still cash them in, even though the redemption period long expired, but they stopped just a few years ago.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.