Stamps (Philately)/Scott #740

200 stamps scott740
200 stamps scott740  
Recently inherited a single sheet (200) stamps of Scott #740 with original gum never hinged. Is this worth any value in current form?

Timothy Dalton,

From the photo, the sheet appears to be imperforate, making the stamp Scott number 756.  The latest Brookman stamp catalog values the sheet of 200 at $80, but be aware that Brookman is generally thought by the stamp community to be over-priced when compared to actual market values.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.