Stamps (Philately)/1910 one cent stamp

I have a 1910 Franklin one cent stamp, on a post card, and it has three perforated sides and the left side of the stamp has a straight edge, is this worth more?  Thank you, Robin

Stamps with straight edges are generally less "collectible" than those perforated on all four sides, except in cases where a straight edge is expected, such as from a booklet pane.  But for regular sheet stamps, the majority of collectors will opt for the fully perforated example, as it is more aesthetically pleasing in the album.

I can think of no case where a straight edge adds value to a stamp.

-Mark Leon

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.