Stamps (Philately)/us#595

Question
stamp
stamp  

stamp
stamp  
Hello mike..please open the file
I would like to know if it possible to identify rotary press stamp by looking at the picture.
With thanks
Offer

Answer
Hi Offer,
Thanks for the question.
I appreciate the pictures, but I'm afraid it would be impossible to tell if it is the #595 from them, as it requires measuring the perfs and the design size.
The #595 is pretty scarce, so the chances of them being a #595 are not good (but not impossible). The #595 was printed from coil rotary waste with 11x11 perfs and a design that would measure 19.75mm x 22.25mm. The closest one to it is #554 which was printed by  the flat plate method. The perfs are also 11 x 11 but the design is smaller, measuring 18.5-19mm x 22m. Below is a direct link to a great site with details on how to identify this stamp from the others like it. Also many other U.S. stamps.

http://www.1847usa.com/1922identifier.htm

Thanks again for the question, hope this helps.
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern