Stamps (Philately)/Scott 205 C

Question
I have a scott 205 stamp ...it is grey brown ...has no Gum and its printed on a rough soft looking paper

Irealize the 205 C is rare and there are only 22 copies known but I really think my stamp is the 205C

I read online that they are no longer certifying these stamps ...is that true ...is doesnt seem fair ....

Thanks
Andrea

Answer
Hi Andrea,
I presume you mean the USA stamp 205C, the 1882 Garfield. I'm not sure who the "they" is in terms of getting the stamp expertised.  Have you tried to contact the American Philatelic Society (www.stamps.org)? The contact there is Mercer Bristow,  mercer@stamps.org
cheers
chabro

Stamps (Philately)

Charles Bromser