Stamps (Philately)/Scott & Michel #'s

Scott does not acknowledge many of the Michel varieties.
In the German section of their catalog under Sc#'s 92-95 (illus A17,19,20,21), they make mention of a "Scott Classic Specialized Catalogue" Does Scott actually have such a publication for German stamps.
  Have you seen the Michel Catalog English language version for German stamps and if so what is your opinion of its value as far as being informative.

Thank you for your response

Hi Thomas,

I unfortunately don't know the Scott catalogs - neither the standard catalog nor have I heard about a special catalog about German stamps. For collectors over here in Germany "Michel Deutschland Spezial" is the standard catalog for German stamps.
They have an English version (2 volumes / see attached image). However, it is an extract of total 900 pages while the original 2 volumes have about 2200 pages. I have not seen this catalog yet. Hence I cannot give a statement what they have extracted and what is omitted.

Kind regards

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang

I can answer questions about `music on stamps` which covers composers, instruments and singers as well as musical notes, dance, opera and all other music related topics shown on stamps, postmarks and postal stationaries.

I am collecting 'music on stamps' since more than 30 years. Since 1994 I'm the editor of the magazine 'Der Musikus' which is published quarterly in German with English and French abstracts.
Please ask for a free copy at motivgruppe
Since 1995 I'm president of 'Motivgruppe Musik', a musical stamp club with appr. 300 members from 28 countries. Besides of several musical stamp collections I've a special library with more than 100 books about music and more than 600 books, booklets and articles about music on stamps

More than 500 articles about 'music on stamps' mainly published in our quarterly magaine "Der Musikus" (German / English / French).
Several articles published in "The Baton" (magazine of PMC).
Several articles published in topical stamp magazines in Germany, France, Japan, The Netherlands ......
Please also visit ""

There isn't a special education on stamp collecting but I've got the certificate from the Bavarian stamp society to act as a judge for topical stamp collections at competitive stamp exhibitions. In my 'civil job' I'm a graduated engineer for computer science.

Winner of the international "Augusto Massari Price" 1997 which is told to be the "Oscar in Music Philately".