Stamps (Philately)/Citation Stamp Album

Question
I was given a Citation stamp album with several stamps located in all different countries as well as a 32 oz. chocolate box full of stamps yet to make it in the album. I have no interest in stamp collecting - however I know that there are several people out there that would be interested. How do I find out the value of these stamps along with where to sell them at?

Answer
Hi Brook,
  The type of album the stamps are in won't give much an indication of their value.  Though most stamps from the US will have a greater likelihood of being of value if they are from prior to 1900 (and the book should indicate year, assuming they have been correctly identified, which is not a very safe assumption).  There are certainly many stamps of high value from prior to 1900, and some errors in modern stamps can also be of value.
  Generally speaking if they are of the 3c "original face value" of the stamp, printed later than 1920, they have a slim chance of having much value at all if they are used (maybe 10c - 50c each by "catalog value" but it's rare that anyone will pay CV for stamps of modern era when they are so readily available still at low prices).
  Speaking to the contents of the chocolate box is also hard.  In most cases, again, if the stamps are post 1940, unless they contain some error (missing a color in multi-color stamp, or odd perforation, printed while folded over, etc), then they won't be of much value, particularly if they are used.
  Your best bet to get a reasonable notion of their value is to take them into a local dealer or stamp show, if that is convenient to you, and have someone look at it, and advise if there is anything of value in the collection.  From the condition you describe, I would not give it a high chance of having much of value.  Also, in stamps past 1940, if they have a denomination of $1 or more, then they can have some reasonable value, especially if unused.
Wish I could tell you more, but without seeing it, based on the description, it's not much to go on.
If you have some old stamps in the citation album (prior to 1900) if you can send me photo of those, I can see if there is anything likely to be of value for you.
Cheers,
Scott

Stamps (Philately)

Scott Payton