Stamps (Philately)/stamp values

Question
Hi Terry I'm trying to find a website that can tell me the value of my stamps. I have a 13 July 4,1776 stamp ,I have a 3 September 4, 1951 75th . Anniversary American chemistry stamp, Harriet Truman USA 13 stamp and a whole slew of others can you he me please

Answer
Hello Iashona,

Thanks for your question.

Each of the stamps you mention are considered as quite common and have a list value of 25c each.   As for finding the values, it's really quite easy.  At your local library, check  out Scotts Specialized Catalogue of U.S. Stamps and Covers.  It is considered the "holy bible" of stamp collectors.  In this user friendly book, you can find almost every postage stamp ever issued by the United States.  There are pictures to help with identification as well as values for each item in both mint and used conditions.  

A word about values in the book---they are a rough guide as to what you can expect to spend if you were to buy that item at a stamp dealer.  Selling that same item to a stamp dealer will generally net you 20% to 30% of the list value depending on condition and demand.

Good luck and thanks again for your question.,  Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Terry
P,S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton