Stamps (Philately)/JERRY GARCIA STAMPS

Question
I HAVE THE BLOCK OF 9 TANZANIA STAMPS WITH THE CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY NUMBER 0032, IS THE LOWER THE NUMBER GIVE THEM SIGNIFICANTLY MORE VALUE? OR IS THAT JUST A PIPE DREAM?

Answer
Hello Adam,

the Jerry Garcia stamp was issued on 15 November 1995 by the Postal Administration of Tanzania (or by an agency that was commissioned by the Post Office). Such official stamp issues don't have and don't need a "Certificate of Authenticity". Such certificates are usually made by private agencies or dealers that often offer labels that are not officially stamps next official stamps. The certificate has no value and it does not increase the value of the Garcia stamps - regardless of the number of the certificate.
In the current German Michel Stamp catalog the sheet with 9 Jerry Garcia stamps is listed at a price of 8 Euro. These are currently some US $ 9.
But please note:
the price mentioned in a stamp catalogue is the price you would have to pay, if you buy it from a stamp dealer.
If you want to sell the stamp to a dealer (and while swapping with other collectors) you'll get 30 - 50 % of the mentioned price (maximum).

Hope this will answer your question.
Kind regards from Berlin / Germany
Peter

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang