Stamps (Philately)/Postage stamps shapes.

Dear Michele

Other than Rectangle, Square, Diamond, Kite shapes can we construct postage stamps with other possible shapes viz Circular, Oval, Trapezoid, Pyramid etc ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Cyprus Stamps SG 2012 European Football Cup UEFA Poland and Ukraine Mini-sheet - Unofficial FDC
Cyprus Stamps SG 2012  

Cyprus stamps 2012 European football cup mini sheet (UEFA)
Cyprus stamps 2012 Eur  
Hello Prashant

Certainly Cyprus has been able to produce circular stamps quite recently in 2012 to celebrate the Poland and Ukraine held European UEFA Cup matches on a joint miniature sheet.

The mini-sheet was rectangular in shape but with a separate inset circular perforated stamp featuring a players' football boot resting on the football.

So I would suggest as long as the stamp designer comes up with the idea and the manufacturer has the tools to make the cuts - anything is possible in this day and age.

I'm attaching scanned images of the mini-sheet referred to and also an unofficial Cyprus FDC made by my husband which features only the circular part of the same stamp.

Stamps (Philately)

Michele Chapman

I specialize only in Cyprus stamps (Republic) and North Cyprus (Turkish Cypriot) stamps and First Day Covers. Please note: I can only answer questions on stamps from the country (island) of Cyprus in the Eastern Mediterranean. All Cyprus stamps will have: , KIBRIS or CYPRUS printed on them! I can answer most questions related to stamps and values. I can provide opinions on values as a collector of Cyprus stamps but not as a professional. I do not have any knowledge of stamps from USA or other countries. For these stamps please direct your questions to another Specialist.

I am a long time collector based in Limassol, Cyprus for over 12 years with access and contacts to relevant information. Unfortunately, due to a family illness I had to return permanently to my home country in May 2016.

I am a member of the Cyprus Philatelist Society.

The Cyprus Mail. Cyprus Anglo Info. My online website:

High School (United Kingdom - North West) 1976