Stamps (Philately)/EFO

Question
Stamps.com EFO cover
Stamps.com EFO cover  
Hello Mike,
I am seeking a second opinion; Regarding EFOs: Would the attached image of a Stamps.com stamp-on-cover considered an "oddity" and why? Thanks.

Answer
Hi Ken,
Thanks for the question,
Ken, although the Stamps.com stamps are legal postage, they differ from regular stamps in that the postage part is actually printed by the customer. You can order various designs in sheets of 24 then using Stamps.com software/account you put the sheet in you printer to print the amount and barcode. Ken if you look very close I believe you will see that the inverted part is actually cut from a different part of the sheet and put on that way on purpose, (could of been done before or after printing). Because of the nature of these (people printing it themselves) this wouldn't be considered an error, I wouldn't consider it an oddity either because anybody can print it however they like. All that being said there are some specialized collectors that might like it because it was used that way, it is technically against postal regulations to cut a stamp and use it . Just for your you info this is listed in the Computer Vended Postage section of the Scott Catalog as 1CVP124.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike  

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern