Stamps (Philately)/full sheets

Question
the full sheet i purchased was stuck to black backing paper. i submerged sheet in tray of warm water,backing paper separated but sum of the stamps also separated from each other. question, are separated stamps still considered a full sheet. value,+-. REF.SCOTT# 618.

Answer
Hi Gordon,
  I'm afraid I have no good news for you.
  A sheet is considered a sheet when all stamps are in tact and attached.  If they are detached, it's no longer a sheet.
  What's worse is, you've now also ungummed all the stamps.  This will plummet the value of the remaining stamps.  Even the plate blocks that you might create out of the remnant will have about 1/10th their catalog value.  Stamps from this era are valued with full gum in tact.  There are hinged values, but no "No Gum" values as there are with earlier stamps.  A stamp with an adhesion is better than a stamp with no gum... so soaking it immediately destroyed its value I'm afraid. No Gum stamps from this era are basically the same value as used stamps.

I guess the best thing here is, chalk it up to experience, and realize that anything that removes/further degrades gum is not advised...

Sorry.
Scott

Stamps (Philately)

Scott Payton