Stamps (Philately)/Star-Spangled Banner forever stamps misperforation

Question
The stamps
The stamps  

Stamps
Stamps  
I have a roll of 2014 Star-Spangled Banner forever stamps. They are Miss perforated in such a way that the 2014 is on the opposite side of the stamp and partial parts of the coloring bleeds onto the next stamp.  I would like to know if there is any value in stamps like this.   I live in a very small area and there's not an appraiser around here and I'm not sure if it's even worth getting them appraised.  Any information that you can provide would be very much appreciated . I can attach pictures of the stamps,  if you'd like.  Thank you so much for your time, I look forward to hearing from you .

Answer
Hi Heather,
Thanks for the question, and the great pictures.
Heather, as you state these are misperforated or to be more technically accurate they have a diecut shift. These were issued on Jan 28, 2014 and sold in coil rolls of 100. The normal stamps are listed in the Scott Catalog as Cat# 4854. The Catalog does not list what I like to call minor errors like this as there are just too many different types out there.
These would certainly be worth more than just face value, and would be of interest to collectors of EFO's (Errors, freaks and oddities). As far as value it depends on how quick you wanted to sell them. If you were to sell them in pairs over a long period of time I believe they would sell in the $5-$10 range per pair. If you were to sell the complete roll of 100 I would estimate it in the $125 - $175 range.
Heather if you decide to carefully break it up yourself and sell them in pairs, be sure to note the Plate# at the bottom of some of the stamps (see your picture). I am not sure how many Plate#'s are in the roll (2-4). You would want to keep 2 stamps on each side of the plate number and sell it as a strip of 5 ($15-$25 range). I you decide to sell the complete roll I would be interested.

Thanks again for the question,
Mike
Mike@mikesstamps.com

If you would like to find out more about EFO's (Error's, Freaks and Oddities) then please visit the site of the EFOCC (Error's, Freaks and Oddities Collectors club)

http://www.efocc.org/

Or if you would like to see examples of a lot of different EFO's then you may want to check out my Ebay or Bidstart Stores at the link below.
Ebay
http://www.mikesstamps.com
Bidstart
http://www.bidstart.com/Mikes-Stamps_QQstorenameQQ100122QQuseridQQshop  

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern