Stamps (Philately)/596 stamps

If this stamp is so rare how is it I have found thirteen of them in the last eight years.You say the term fake.My great great grandmother is not a fake stamp put on a 1924  post card...
    you may ask prove it or would like to see it.using the very same skills found an 544 an it confirm the 596 to be real.My question is what would you pay for one?

If you've found thirteen previously undiscovered Scott 596s plus a 544, I'd say you are set for life.  Simply consign them to any of the major philatelic auction houses and they will sell your stamps at public auction, insuring that you get maximum market value for your finds.  Of course each stamp would have to be certified as genuine by either the Philatelic Foundation or the American Philatelic Society prior to the sale.  

So to answer the question of what I would pay, it would depend on how far I'm willing to go to outbid the other buyers at the sale.  I suspect that most of them will have much more money than me.

Good luck!

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.