Stamps (Philately)/1970's stamps

variety of stamps
variety of stamps  
Do any of these stamps have a value greater than their face value? Do they have particular names, which I could use when searching a reference guide?
Thank you in advance for your valuable assistance, Ms. Tipton

Hello Anne,

Thanks for your question.   The stamps you have in the picture are all considered as "commons" and really have no value other than their face value (if in mint condition).

You can use these stamps for mailing first class postage as long as their combined value equals 49c per ounce.  Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S.  Please remember top rate my reply to your inquiry.   Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996