Stamps (Philately)/25 cent Indian Headdress imperf

years back I corresponded with a collector who I met thru my mother, she went to a PO near her work and friended the man, who upon learning I collected stamps had given her a few things for me. He and I spoke briefly a few times by phone, and in one conversation told me he had a booklet of the 25 cent headdress stamps that were imperforate?? he then mailed me a letter with one of them on it, of course the problem with that is, the top of the stamp would be imperf as per a normal booklet, the other 3 sides are cut close with a scissor, so does this stamp actually exist imperf?? and could this be one of the genuinely used ones if so?? thanks for any help you can provide.

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your question./

The stamps you mention were issued in booklet form only as a strip of 5. Some people wrongfully trim stamps with scissors in order to claim a new variety of stamp but they usually get caught.  No imperf (on all 4 sides) were printed of the head-dress issue.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996