Stamps (Philately)/Error Air Mail Envelope?

Question
QUESTION: Have been trying to figure out what the value may be of air mail envelope.  Has normal red, white & blue border.  Embossed Flying eagle (white) with red background 6 cent air mail stamp.  Revalued? with green 1 cent Bald Eagle, three talon.  JPEG copy attached.  I have kind of figured out that this may have happened around 1956 or 1958.  If, I am right in my thinking.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: Hi Dennis,
Thanks for the question.
Dennis, you are exactly right with the dates, This was first issued  as the 6c Embossed envelope you describe, without the addition of the revalue surcharge on May 2, 1956. It is listed in the Scott Catalog as (Cat# UC25). This is the catalog that most United States collectors use. Then due to a rate change from 6c to 7c in 1958 the 1c green surcharge was added to revalue it to 7c, this is listed in the catalog as Cat# UC31, and is actually considered fairly common, with a list value of $1.40.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike

QUESTION: I still have a guestion, in 1956 there was an expected rate hike in postage that failed to pass and it was the flying eagle air mail stamp at that time.  The rate did increase in 1958 and the stamp at that time was the 6 cent flying white airplane to the right with red background.  Am I right?  The reason I ask is that a friend of mine's uncle worked at the San Francisco Post office at the time and aquired these envelopes saying that they will be worth something due to an error.  Did someone jump the gun and revalue the flying eagle in '56? and wouldn't the postal system revalue the more current stamp of the time?  I am assuming that the airplane was the current one in '58, before replacing it with the 7 cent white airplane with blue background.

Answer
Hi Dennis,
Thanks for the follow-up.
You are again correct that the 6 cent flying white airplane to the right with red background was another of the current stamps in use at the time. There was also a 6c orange and white circular design with a plane facing left being used at the time. All of these were revalued to 7c with the 1c green surcharge to the left of the design in 1958. It appears the USPS revalued all of it's 6c current stock to the 7c new rate, including the 6c flying white airplane, the 6c flying Eagle, and different types of the 6c Orange.   
The 6c flying white airplane is listed in the Scott Catalog as Cat# UC30 with a list value of $1.25.
The 6c orange designs that were revalued are listed as Cat#'s UC27-UC29, they are much harder to come by and list anywhere from $50 to $8000 depending on the die used to emboss it and the type of envelope it is printed on.
Hope this helps, and thanks again for the question.
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern